Skip to main content

An Open Letter to Republicans

Dear Republicans,

Yes, you lost the election. Yes, your message didn't resonate with women, African Americans, Latinos, and Asians. And yes, the stupid members of your party really helped those on the fence decide to vote against you. Mitt Romney is running around saying that the Democrats basically bought specific voting blocks with 'gifts' like affordable health care and student loan forgiveness. For a party that prides itself on taking personal responsibility, you're playing the blame game like a champ.

Did it ever occur to you that your willingness to let the auto industry tank would come back to haunt you? Did you think that endorsing (for all intent and purposes) a member of your party who told women that they couldn't get pregnant from 'legitimate' rape would be okay? Honestly, how did you expect people to vote for you when you wrote off 47 percent of Americans as freeloaders who're looking for a handout?

You know, this isn't a time in history when you can get away with blatant lies. Google will tell the truth when you won't. And as quiet as it's kept, repeating a lie doesn't make it true -- no matter how much money you spend to spread it around.

Here's what you need to know. The majority of us just want a fair shake in this country. What I'd really like to do is be able to pay all my bills with one job. That's not the case right now because it's hard to find one job that pays enough. And guess what?

America is changing. The percentage of the Caucasian electorate is shrinking. In some states -- California being one of them -- there's a majority of minority citizens. The days of appealing to only rich Whites is over. If you want to win anything other than a chicken dinner, you're going to have to understand this new America and govern yourselves accordingly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Possibility?

If you've been reading EFTDOAD for any length of time, you've probably noticed that I haven't really talked about a man. By that, I mean a man of my own. What's really sad is that there hasn't been a man in my life for the entire time I've been writing this blog. I hate that. However, things may be looking up for me. One of my good friends hosts a forum in Los Angeles called " Battle of the Sexes ." This monthly event consists of guys and girls submitting questions anonymously to the moderators, with the answers being discussed in an open forum. It can get quite rowdy, and the discussions are always enlightening. For most of us, it's the first time we've really heard what members of the opposite sex think. I've been attending these Battles for a few months now. Even though I'm not a fan of mindless rhetoric, it's cool to be around some single people who can think and put together coherent sentences. The last couple of times I'v

Long-Distance Sucks

I hate long-distance relationships. Absolutely despise them. So, you ask, why am I currently in one? The short answer is, “I don’t know.” The real answer is, “I don’t know anyone locally that gets me.” Tinderfella is in New York. I am in Texas. Maybe I shouldn’t have let it get this far. Maybe I should’ve nipped it in the bud. But I didn’t. Now I find myself strung out over a man I won’t get to touch until September — IF I’m lucky. With my cycle and every other factor that could exert itself over my situation, I don’t know if we’ll get to see each other then. I don’t like this. I want to kick it with him after work. Maybe hook up and see a movie. Or not. We could cuddle on the couch or discuss the day’s events or just breathe each other’s air. I wanna watch his face light up when he sees me or frown when he gets mad. I want to learn his facial expressions and body language well enough to read joy, peace, anger, and hatred on him. Basically, I want to be with him in a real and meaningfu

The Five Commandments of Houseguests

It's Sunday night, and I just put one of my girlfriends on the plane. She's a great person, but this weekend wore on me like none other. In her defense, she's in mourning. Her husband just died in September, and she's learning how to live again. They had been together since high school and now he's gone. That being said...there was NO excuse for the way she acted this weekend. Please understand...I'm not perfect. Never have been. And now that I'm 40, I don't feel the need to apologize for it. But NO ONE gets to make me feel inferior in MY house. Absolutely not! My house wasn't exactly in tip-top shape. I work two jobs, sing in the church choir, and try to work out with my trainer twice a week. So my house wasn't really ready for her. Then I realized that my mind wasn't ready for her, either. Even when we were in school, she wasn't the friend I could hang out with every day. More than that, she came with the very mentality th