Skip to main content

What Can I Do?

New Boo doesn't realize how much I love him. He doesn't see how much I sacrifice to be with him. I'm a social butterfly who loves to be out and about. Now that we're together, I'm with HIM. And I'm not mad about that at all. I love being with him -- hands down. But his jealousy colors everything, and there's only so much I can take.

I've been blessed to have a job that doesn't really require me to leave the house. So I'm home. A lot. I usually piddle around the house, or cook, or work. If possible, I like to have dinner ready when he gets home. Sometimes I like to kick it with my friends. We usually go have appetizers and drinks at our favorite spot on the Upper West Side. We dish on what's going on with us and go on our merry way.

I did this on Friday. Being the good girlfriend I am, I left dinner cooking low and slow in the oven. What did New Boo do? He hung out with his friends. When he finished, he went to Brooklyn to deal with the last of his stuff. All of this was cool. But when he came home, why did he ask me who'd been here with me. I said no one, and he looked like he didn't believe me.

Listen, if I wanted to cheat on him, I could. I may not be drop dead gorgeous, but I get my fair share of play from guys. But I'm not about that life. I'm about the life we're trying to build together. Why he thinks I'd do anything to jeopardize that is beyond me. And it's painful.

I love him and what we have more than life itself. But it's so hard to constantly be accused of cheating. It's like he's calling me a slut on the low, and it's painful. I feel like I'm being jerked around in a crazy way because one minute, he's accusing me of cheating and the next, he's asking me about rings.

I swear I love him. I do. And I want him to get past this. I need him to think as highly of me as I think of him. What can I do?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Possibility?

If you've been reading EFTDOAD for any length of time, you've probably noticed that I haven't really talked about a man. By that, I mean a man of my own. What's really sad is that there hasn't been a man in my life for the entire time I've been writing this blog. I hate that. However, things may be looking up for me. One of my good friends hosts a forum in Los Angeles called " Battle of the Sexes ." This monthly event consists of guys and girls submitting questions anonymously to the moderators, with the answers being discussed in an open forum. It can get quite rowdy, and the discussions are always enlightening. For most of us, it's the first time we've really heard what members of the opposite sex think. I've been attending these Battles for a few months now. Even though I'm not a fan of mindless rhetoric, it's cool to be around some single people who can think and put together coherent sentences. The last couple of times I'v
There's always that one. The one person you'd change your entire life for if they asked you to. Whether it's the first man you ever loved, the first guy who saw you naked, or the first man to bring you flowers, if he said, "Marry me, and travel with me around the world," you'd quit your job and hop on the first thing smoking. Alas, I haven't met him yet. Actually...that's not true. I have met him. But he doesn't want me. So rather than admit that the one guy I'd leave it all for wouldn't be caught dead with me, I say we don't know each other. I read an article this week that I found to be very informative. It was talking about how men will use any woman who allows herself to be used. And while I know beyond the shadow of a doubt that I don't want that kind of life, I recognized myself in all those women. I've been there. And there are times (like today) when it would be nice to have someone around...even if they're

Long-Distance Sucks

I hate long-distance relationships. Absolutely despise them. So, you ask, why am I currently in one? The short answer is, “I don’t know.” The real answer is, “I don’t know anyone locally that gets me.” Tinderfella is in New York. I am in Texas. Maybe I shouldn’t have let it get this far. Maybe I should’ve nipped it in the bud. But I didn’t. Now I find myself strung out over a man I won’t get to touch until September — IF I’m lucky. With my cycle and every other factor that could exert itself over my situation, I don’t know if we’ll get to see each other then. I don’t like this. I want to kick it with him after work. Maybe hook up and see a movie. Or not. We could cuddle on the couch or discuss the day’s events or just breathe each other’s air. I wanna watch his face light up when he sees me or frown when he gets mad. I want to learn his facial expressions and body language well enough to read joy, peace, anger, and hatred on him. Basically, I want to be with him in a real and meaningfu