Skip to main content

Oh No...

So...I'm on the verge of doing something extremely stupid. I can stop myself...but I don't know if I will.

First, the backstory...

My best friend from high school died. She was 46. Her mother told me that her diabetes had made her heart bad. On March 18th, she stopped breathing.

I would love to say that my friend lived a charmed life, but she didn't. And the fact that she left three children and more questions than answers has vexed me more than I need. The funeral was sad, to say the least. Honestly, I'm pretty hurt about it.

Normally, I would just scream, cry, and try to understand the meaning of life. But this time, I can't.

My roommate's mom died at the same time. She was 73 years old, and she had suffered for the past three years. Honestly, I'm surprised she lived as long as she did. But she was a fighter, and death was a welcome reward for her and a relief for those who loved her.

So here I am, living in a house with someone who just lost her mom. See my dilemma? I can't grieve like I need to, and I really do need something.

Enter New Boo.

He hit me up on Easter. The LAST person I needed to hear from in my weakened state. I should have just blocked him because...you know.

One thing has led to another, and now we're making plans to see each other.

Yes, it's the last thing I need...and the only thing I want.

Here's the killer -- I know that once I see him and we do what we're going to do, I'm going to be even sadder than I was when I started out.

Here's the other crazy thing. My best friend never had a really good man in her life. The father of her first two children abused her. At one point, she was so scared that she and I were trying to formulate a plan for her to get out. It didn't happen, the kids were born, and then he died. The father of her third child suffers from mental illness. In fact, he lost his mind after the baby. I used to joke with her that she had killer kitty.

New Boo is abusive to my soul. I need to walk away. Run, actually.

I'm hoping that I'll be strong enough to walk away.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Possibility?

If you've been reading EFTDOAD for any length of time, you've probably noticed that I haven't really talked about a man. By that, I mean a man of my own. What's really sad is that there hasn't been a man in my life for the entire time I've been writing this blog. I hate that. However, things may be looking up for me. One of my good friends hosts a forum in Los Angeles called " Battle of the Sexes ." This monthly event consists of guys and girls submitting questions anonymously to the moderators, with the answers being discussed in an open forum. It can get quite rowdy, and the discussions are always enlightening. For most of us, it's the first time we've really heard what members of the opposite sex think. I've been attending these Battles for a few months now. Even though I'm not a fan of mindless rhetoric, it's cool to be around some single people who can think and put together coherent sentences. The last couple of times I'v
There's always that one. The one person you'd change your entire life for if they asked you to. Whether it's the first man you ever loved, the first guy who saw you naked, or the first man to bring you flowers, if he said, "Marry me, and travel with me around the world," you'd quit your job and hop on the first thing smoking. Alas, I haven't met him yet. Actually...that's not true. I have met him. But he doesn't want me. So rather than admit that the one guy I'd leave it all for wouldn't be caught dead with me, I say we don't know each other. I read an article this week that I found to be very informative. It was talking about how men will use any woman who allows herself to be used. And while I know beyond the shadow of a doubt that I don't want that kind of life, I recognized myself in all those women. I've been there. And there are times (like today) when it would be nice to have someone around...even if they're

Long-Distance Sucks

I hate long-distance relationships. Absolutely despise them. So, you ask, why am I currently in one? The short answer is, “I don’t know.” The real answer is, “I don’t know anyone locally that gets me.” Tinderfella is in New York. I am in Texas. Maybe I shouldn’t have let it get this far. Maybe I should’ve nipped it in the bud. But I didn’t. Now I find myself strung out over a man I won’t get to touch until September — IF I’m lucky. With my cycle and every other factor that could exert itself over my situation, I don’t know if we’ll get to see each other then. I don’t like this. I want to kick it with him after work. Maybe hook up and see a movie. Or not. We could cuddle on the couch or discuss the day’s events or just breathe each other’s air. I wanna watch his face light up when he sees me or frown when he gets mad. I want to learn his facial expressions and body language well enough to read joy, peace, anger, and hatred on him. Basically, I want to be with him in a real and meaningfu