Skip to main content

The Beginning of the End, Part Two

I'm not actively breaking up with Mr. Wonderful, but I think I've finally divested my heart from him. And why, you ask? Because, dear reader, he finally made his fatal statement.

As I've told you before, he's much older than me. His children are already grown and he's not in the market for more. And believe me, I get it. If I were his age, I'd be looking forward to playing with the grandbabies and sending them home to their parents, too.

However...

That's not the case for me. I don't have kids yet, and I'd like to have them. Nothing is guaranteed...and it's not like my biological clock is ticking like crazy. But I want to have the option of procreating with the man I love, and if that can't happen with Mr. Wonderful, I've got to keep it moving.

So here's how it went down...we were watching the movie Overboard with Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell. At the end, Russell asked Hawn what he could possibly give her she didn't already have. She told him she wanted a little girl. At that point, I turned to Mr. Wonderful and said, 'You don't really want kids, do you?' He tried to turn it on my by saying, 'You don't want any, either.' I was like, 'I never said that.' He then turned to me and said, 'Is that a deal breaker?'

Unfortunately for him, it IS a deal breaker. After all, if I stay with him, he'll have me and his children taking care of him when he gets too old and sick to work. Since he has 16 years on me, he'll be entering those years much sooner than I will. What'll happen to me when that time comes? I told him, 'Dude, your children won't take care of me when I get old.'

So there you have it, folks. The official beginning of the end. Stay tuned...

Comments

Redbonegirl97 said…
Yeah that would be a deal breaker for me. Even though I already have 3 beautiful children, I would like the option of having more and not someone telling me nope from the get go, but at least you know and aren't married. That would be devastating. Good luck.

Tiffany
http://liferequiresmorechocolate.blogspot.com/

Popular posts from this blog

My Personal Superhero

My Teddy Bear continues to prove that he loves me in ways I never thought about.

As I told you before, I've been dealing with health issues. It's not pretty at all. I won't go into details, but let's just say that it's messy and leaves me weak sometimes. Weaker than I'd ever want to admit, actually.

Anyway, a friend of mine was coming to visit and I was trying to get my house ready. I managed to clean my bedroom and the bathroom before MTB came over. All I had to do was get the living room and kitchen together. But my body wasn't cooperating at all. I was in so much pain that I laid it down.

I woke up the next morning in a complete mess from my issue. After I got up to clean myself up, he says to me, "Go lay down. I'm gonna finish up for you." I wanted to argue, but I couldn't because I was in too much pain.

That man cleaned my apartment. All of it. Swept AND mopped my floors and did all my dishes. And did it with a smile.

Just thinking ab…

Now What?

I don't know what I'm gonna do. I am having issues right now.

First of all, I'm realizing some things about myself that I really don't like admitting. For one, I am NOT satisfied with My Teddy Bear. Why, you ask? Because sex isn't a priority with him.

Some people drink. Some smoke. I like to have sex. It quiets the voices in my head that talk crazy to me. For those brief, shining moments, I get to be the best of me. I'm beautiful, sexy, and desirable. No matter how fat I am, in that moment I'm able to make someone else feel good. That makes me feel good. Also,  I know how to relate on that level, so everything that I perceive to be wrong with me goes out the window.

MTB doesn't know this. Even though I've always felt this way, I don't talk about it. Most of the guys I know actually want sex. They probably use it the way I do -- as a feel-good situation.

Things with New Boo weren't like that. We had a real connection. Or at least I thought we…

The End

Dear New Boo,

I knew that tonight would be a pivotal moment in our history, and you did not disappoint. No matter what I thought before this evening, you addressed everything I needed clarification on. Thank you for that.
I had all kinds of fanciful thoughts in my mind about what this evening would be. I took every scenario I could and played it out to its end. Each and every one of them. And when I got to the one that actually happened, I thought to myself, surely he won't let this happen. Surely he cares more than that. If he reached out, surely he'll follow through.
But no...not you. You did what you always do. You stood me up, and you let me down. Again. 
I shouldn't be surprised. In fact, I'm not. No matter how much faith I try to put in you, you constantly prove that you don't deserve it. No matter how much I try to see the good in you, you always manage to bring the worst to the forefront. And if my feelings are hurt, it's my fault for trying.
You don…