Skip to main content

Rock Bottom

I finally did it. I finally hit rock bottom in this thing with New Boo. Here's how it happened...

My day began innocently enough. I have to admit that I thought everything was going to be okay. I had a cooking class scheduled and then I was meeting my co-workers for a rousing evening at Medieval Times. (And before you ask, it was NOT my idea.)

So I'm late to the cooking class and the stuff made me sick. Then I get to my job for a meeting and the trip to MT, and I felt awful. But I soldiered on and had a good time in spite of myself.

Then we left to go home, and that's when things got weird. My original plan was to get off at Times Square and Uber home. But I decided against it. Then I made the fatal mistake of moving toward the front of the bus right when the driver said, "Does anyone need Penn Station?"

I do NOT need Penn Station, but New Boo works across the street at Macy's. And I've been having a fit to see him. I thought to myself, maybe if I see him with his new girlfriend, I'll be able to walk away from this thing once and for all. So I get off the bus. And that's when my adventure began.

I started in the bar I knew he liked in Penn. He wasn't there. I went to the place we got great wings and waffle fries. No sign of him. That's when I started to feel like a stalker and decided to go home. But wait -- I hadn't actually checked the store area or the street around it. So what did I do? I went and parked myself in front of the employee entrance and waited. I was there for a good 20 minutes, and he didn't come out.

While I waited, I tried to text a couple of sympathetic friends to talk me off this particular ledge. Both of them in Texas, neither of them much help. I finally got on the train and went home.

To say I'm disgusted with myself is an gross understatement. Never in my life have I stalked someone like that. And then I was buggin' thinking about what in the world would I have done if I saw him. Would I have burst into tears or would I have followed them to see exactly the nature of their relationship?

Let's be clear -- he has NO obligation to me whatsoever. He is not required to care about me or my feelings at any given point now that we aren't a couple.

But I love him. I miss him. I want him back in the worst way.

The absolute worst part of this? HE probably could't care less. He's moving on with his life, giving his love to someone else, and leaving me in the dust the same way he found me.

Well...not exactly the same way. He broke me. Guys have always said that they wanted to "break" me, like that was a good thing to do. He never said that, but he has truly broken my heart, my hopes, and all my dreams. I don't want to be bitter about this. I really don't. After all, I'm sure I'm not the first woman nor will I be the last to find herself on the wrong side of love and loneliness. But I feel so different this time. And I hate it. And I hate myself for allowing this.

I really have no words that'll adequately sum up, rectify, or justify this situation in my head. So I'll just cry it out and hope for a better tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Possibility?

If you've been reading EFTDOAD for any length of time, you've probably noticed that I haven't really talked about a man. By that, I mean a man of my own. What's really sad is that there hasn't been a man in my life for the entire time I've been writing this blog. I hate that. However, things may be looking up for me. One of my good friends hosts a forum in Los Angeles called " Battle of the Sexes ." This monthly event consists of guys and girls submitting questions anonymously to the moderators, with the answers being discussed in an open forum. It can get quite rowdy, and the discussions are always enlightening. For most of us, it's the first time we've really heard what members of the opposite sex think. I've been attending these Battles for a few months now. Even though I'm not a fan of mindless rhetoric, it's cool to be around some single people who can think and put together coherent sentences. The last couple of times I'v
There's always that one. The one person you'd change your entire life for if they asked you to. Whether it's the first man you ever loved, the first guy who saw you naked, or the first man to bring you flowers, if he said, "Marry me, and travel with me around the world," you'd quit your job and hop on the first thing smoking. Alas, I haven't met him yet. Actually...that's not true. I have met him. But he doesn't want me. So rather than admit that the one guy I'd leave it all for wouldn't be caught dead with me, I say we don't know each other. I read an article this week that I found to be very informative. It was talking about how men will use any woman who allows herself to be used. And while I know beyond the shadow of a doubt that I don't want that kind of life, I recognized myself in all those women. I've been there. And there are times (like today) when it would be nice to have someone around...even if they're

Long-Distance Sucks

I hate long-distance relationships. Absolutely despise them. So, you ask, why am I currently in one? The short answer is, “I don’t know.” The real answer is, “I don’t know anyone locally that gets me.” Tinderfella is in New York. I am in Texas. Maybe I shouldn’t have let it get this far. Maybe I should’ve nipped it in the bud. But I didn’t. Now I find myself strung out over a man I won’t get to touch until September — IF I’m lucky. With my cycle and every other factor that could exert itself over my situation, I don’t know if we’ll get to see each other then. I don’t like this. I want to kick it with him after work. Maybe hook up and see a movie. Or not. We could cuddle on the couch or discuss the day’s events or just breathe each other’s air. I wanna watch his face light up when he sees me or frown when he gets mad. I want to learn his facial expressions and body language well enough to read joy, peace, anger, and hatred on him. Basically, I want to be with him in a real and meaningfu