Skip to main content

Inmate #1970

I almost feel like I'm serving a prison sentence. My crime? Loving the wrong man.

Today I've been consumed with two thoughts. One -- how much he acted like he loved me. I told you about the night he slept on the floor of my rented room just to be with me. Every time I think about how dedicated he seemed then...and how indifferent he is now, I can't help but cry. What in the world makes a person do that?

The other thought is what a liar he is. The night I met him, I asked him how old he was, and he told me he was 37. Later I found out that he was 41. And he thought I was 29. (SN: I don't look that young, but I'm not that tall and people ALWAYS peg me as younger.)

At the time, I took it as flattery that he thought I was younger and he didn't want to be too old for me. In retrospect, I see it for what it really was -- a man who thought he was about to get over on a young girl.  Now I think he didn't ever want anything more than a good time with me.

Yet he led me on an emotional journey that he had no intention of finishing with me. And this was after I let it be known that he didn't have to lie to kick it.

That's the sum total of where I am today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Out of Time

Time. You always think you have more...until you don't. I'm there.

I just left the doctor, where we discussed my fibroid. She said it was huge. So huge, in fact, that she couldn't get it all. If there's a need for another surgery, it'll be a hysterectomy.

I want babies. I want to be someone's mother. I also want to be someone's wife before I become someone's mother. And therein lies my dilemma.

It would be stupid for me to have a baby with My Teddy Bear. That's the reality of my life right now. But it would be even stupider to have a child with New Boo. Not only does he not want any more babies, he does't take care of the ones he already has. I would be an absolute idiot to attempt procreation with him. And as quiet as it's kept, I'm not interested in raising a child alone. I want my baby to have a mother AND a father.

So here I am, a 46-year-old woman who's run out of time.

My Personal Superhero

My Teddy Bear continues to prove that he loves me in ways I never thought about.

As I told you before, I've been dealing with health issues. It's not pretty at all. I won't go into details, but let's just say that it's messy and leaves me weak sometimes. Weaker than I'd ever want to admit, actually.

Anyway, a friend of mine was coming to visit and I was trying to get my house ready. I managed to clean my bedroom and the bathroom before MTB came over. All I had to do was get the living room and kitchen together. But my body wasn't cooperating at all. I was in so much pain that I laid it down.

I woke up the next morning in a complete mess from my issue. After I got up to clean myself up, he says to me, "Go lay down. I'm gonna finish up for you." I wanted to argue, but I couldn't because I was in too much pain.

That man cleaned my apartment. All of it. Swept AND mopped my floors and did all my dishes. And did it with a smile.

Just thinking ab…

Update

So...I finally unburdened myself to New Boo. I told him that I wasn't built for sneaking around and random treks down the primrose path to sin & degradation.

As expected, he told me, "I thought you wanted just to chill." Then he added -- almost as a smackdown, in my opinion -- "I'm not looking for any relationship. And you're the one who involved me."

He's right. I did. And now I can finally UN-involve him.

I'm not angry. I have no right to be. But I AM finally able to get a bit of closure. And maybe NOW I can move on.

Now the question of my life is...will I be moving on with My Teddy Bear, or on my own?

PS: I think the onset of my period caused me to be in my feelings.